You are invited to join fellow administrators and academic colleagues in our monthly small group mentoring workshops developed especially to address the needs of small Christian schools:
About the Workshop
By the end of this workshop you will discover . . .
- good sources for finding faculty members,
- how to effectively use search committees and position descriptions,
- when a recruiter or recruiting website is a good option,
- how to develop your faculty, and
- the pros and cons of when to use adjuncts versus full-time professors.
Your Workshop Mentor Is Dr. Jim Adams
Dr. Jim J. Adams is president emeritus of Life Pacific University and a senior associate with Agron & Associates. His professional experience in faith-based education spans over 45 years serving in local church education, the Christian school setting, and higher education. Adams has considerable experience with accreditation and has taught in the areas of curriculum development, administration, and research methods. His work experience includes serving as a superintendent of schools and university president in California. He previously led a large leadership graduate program internationally and is now semi-retired from Life Pacific University, an ABHE accredited institution, where he teaches in the graduate leadership program. Adams holds a doctorate in higher education leadership from the University of Southern California. He has been married to Lori Adams for 43 years, and they have two married adult daughters.
- Session Opening: Two-minute updates for you to identify issues and challenges you face (e.g., give one or two items to discuss if time allows today or in near future).
- Dr. Jim Adams’ Presentation
- Questions and Answers (if time allows)
Click here to register by Nov. 3 for the early bird rate of just $49. After Nov. 3, the price will be $59.
Additional discounts are available for unaccredited colleges.