Join fellow Christian academia administrators in learning best practices and innovative ideas on how to effectively manage and lead a small Christian college.
See workshop descriptions below.
There is no workshop scheduled for February. However, we hope to see you at the Association for Biblical Higher Education conference, February 15 – 17 in Orlando, Florida.
Discover Four Essential Functions of the Assessment Process
Join veteran ABHE director as he walks through four essential ingredients for determining if students are actually learning what you want them to learn: Planning learning activities, compiling evidence of learning, determining what to assess, and evaluating evidence.
Achieving Strategic Enrollment Health: Keys to Long-Term Growth
Are you meeting your enrollment goals?
Whether you are enrolling enough students is not the only question to ask about your strategies. Do they align with your mission? How do they impact student retention? Will they lead to long-term growth?
What should your campus focus on to meet your enrollment goals with students who align with mission?
Tim Fuller, Founder of Fuller Higher Ed Solutions, will share 10 keys based on his 42 years of campus and consulting experience with Christian higher education enrollment.
Donor-Driven, Major Gifts Fundraising WITHOUT Development Staff
Most schools understand the need to transform their approach to fundraising, but few know how, especially when they have NO fundraising staff.
This workshop will show you how to use an innovative, donor-driven approach that is based on the donor’s philanthropic goals, family tradition, or Christian faith.
This approach is not about what the school wants FROM the donor but, instead, what the school wants FOR the donor.
You will learn how to:
- Develop, launch, and successfully conclude a major gifts campaign with little expense and WITHOUT any development staff.
- Engage your board, staff, and alumni in developing a clear, compelling Case for Support about why a donor would even want to invest in your school.
- Design and host fun, inspiring, non-fundraising awareness events to introduce the Case to new donor prospects to earn the right to solicit them for a gift.
- Do donor cultivation and solicitation following the event with existing donors, board, staff, and volunteers.
5 Emerging Revenue Sources for Your Christian College
The fulfillment of your mission depends, in part, on funding.
This workshop probes new and emerging revenue sources such as social enterprise, bequests and planned giving, alumni engagement initiatives, and third-party investments.
By the end of this workshop, college administrators and leaders should be well positioned to chart a course for increasing and diversifying their revenue streams to sustain and equip them for the years ahead.
Create a Meaningful and Manageable Institutional Assessment Plan
Learn how to create an assessment plan that evaluates both student achievement of learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness, leading to improvement without overburdening personnel.
Brian Tomhave will describe and model the essentials of a quality assessment plan, including
- clearly stating intended outcomes,
- identifying appropriate assessment instruments,
- establishing realistic timelines,
- identifying responsible persons and groups,
- generating, analyzing, and reporting data, and
- ensuring effective use of assessment results through assignment, due dates, and connection to budget.
What Is Program-Level Assessment and Why Does It Matter to Me?
While faculty often focus on course level assessment, this workshop will show them how they must also meet program objectives.
Additionally, we will discuss how to align the curriculum so as to achieve both program and institutional objectives.
Join academic assessment expert Dr. Peter Lee, who will help you to
- understand what program-level assessment is;
- discuss how to make your faculty participate in a program-level assessment; and
- share what the benefits of having faculty participate in a program-level assessment are.
Why not have faculty join you at no extra charge in this workshop?