Conferences are important for learning new skills, networking with colleagues, and being exposed to opportunities offered by exhibitors.
Because conferences are so valuable for those serving Christian colleges, we are launching a new column.
In fact, promoting good conferences contributes to the achievement of our mission:
Raising up Christian colleges in quality, quantity, reputation and impact for the Kingdom of God.
We will highlight one upcoming conference in each issue of Christian Academia Magazine as well as the Marketing to Christian Academia Newsletter, with the following information:
- When and where the conference will be held
- Type of attendees (e.g., business officers, academic deans) so you know if the presentations are suitable for your role
- Most common types of exhibitors, so you can prepare to ask them how they can meet your needs. (Make sure to interact with exhibitors at conferences. They could not afford to keep coming back if attendees were not finding their expertise, products and services valuable.)
- Keynote speakers
- 3–5 most popular workshops from the most recent conference (so as to understand the types of professional development offered)
Additional information we might include in the Marketing to Christian Academia Newsletter:
- Cost of exhibiting at the upcoming conference
- Number of attendees at the most recent conference
What else would you like to know about a conference? Or what conferences would you like to know more about?
Help us design this new column by leaving your ideas in the comment box below or contact us.